From time to time, dermal filler migrates from the area in which it was originally placed. A good example of this is lip filler that has migrated (moved) upwards into the area above the lip border. In other cases, poorly or incorrectly placed dermal filler can cause lumps, bumps, or asymmetries.
At That Face Place we love fixing filler mishaps and migration! During your consultation, we will assess your face and provide recommendations which will sometimes include the removal of pre-existing filler prior to injecting an area.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
An enzyme is injected into areas of existing dermal filler to dissolve it. The enzyme turns hyalauronic acid filler into water, which is then reabsorbed by your body.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
Any area that has had dermal filler placed in it.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Sometimes one treatment is adequate to achieve correction, and in other cases multiple treatments are required to achieve a complete correction.
- Please avoid blood thinning medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen and fish oil for one week before treatment to minimize bruising and bleeding.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, we will not be able to treat you with filler dissolving injections.
- Please attend your appointment with a clean, makeup free face.
- You may have some swelling and/or bruising in the area that has been treated for 1-2 days after treatment. You can apply ice to the affected area as desired.
- Avoid exercising for at least 24 hours.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?