Fat dissolving injections have become increasingly popular over the past decade. This is due to the fact that certain areas of the body are quite rigid to fat loss and are immune to conventional diet and exercise. While fat-dissolving injections are relatively less invasive than liposuction and other forms of surgical fat removal, they do require care on your end. In this article, we will share some tips that you need to stick to before and after getting fat-dissolving injections.
Pre-Treatment Care for Fat Dissolving Injections
Fat-dissolving injections are a minimally invasive treatment. So, there isn’t a lot of pre-treatment care involved. Here are a few things to be mindful of:
- Avoid taking any blood thinners for 24 to 48 hours before the treatment, as they can lead to increased bruising.
- Stay clear of strenuous exercises for at least 24 hours prior to getting fat-dissolving injections.
- Purchase compression garments as advised by your service provider. Wearing them works wonders for swelling and bruising.
- Take a couple of days off to relax after getting fat-dissolving injections (Although it isn’t required, it is good to take a day off and relax)
- Do your research while choosing the right service provider. Your results will be as good as your injector. So, choose wisely.
What to Expect After Getting Fat Dissolving Injections and Post-Care
Here is a detailed guideline on what to expect and how to take care of yourself post the treatment:
- After getting injections, it is common to experience redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness, and itching on the treatment site. You don’t need to worry about any of it, as all these effects will go away in a day or two.
- Some patients also report slight numbness on the treatment site post getting injections. This can persist for weeks after the treatment and usually resolves on its own within its due time.
- The treatment site will be tender to touch for many weeks post getting injections. You can take the painkiller prescribed by your injector.
- In some very rare instances, an allergic reaction can occur, which causes small lumps. If that happens, immediately get in touch with your service provider.
- Ice application is very helpful in minimizing initial swelling. Using arnica a couple of times a day, along with wearing a compression garment, is very helpful for minimizing bruising.
- If you have experienced facial herpes, the risk of getting cold sores post injections is higher.
- Avoid washing the treatment site for up to 8 hours after the treatment.
- Do not expose the treated skin to swimming, sauna, direct sunlight, or tanning beds. Wear SPF if you have to go out.
- Do not indulge in exercising for at least 48 hours after the treatment, as it can reduce the efficacy of the treatment.
- It is recommended to eat extra fiber and avoid processed carbs for up to 72 hours after the treatment. This isn’t mandatory but will also optimize the results.
- Stay clear of alcohol as it facilitates the ability of the liver to handle fat.
- It is important to keep your body hydrated. Make sure to drink a minimum of 2 liters of water a day for the next several weeks.
- Post the treatment; it will take you at least three weeks to start seeing the results.
A Few Things to Know About Fat Dissolving Injections
There are a lot of myths surrounding fat-dissolving injections. It becomes very difficult to separate facts from fiction. Let’s tackle a few:
They are Completely Safe
Fat-dissolving injections are made up of natural substances. The chin sculpting injections are made of synthesized deoxycholic acid which is naturally found in the body. It helps with the breakdown and absorption of fat. There is another type of fat-dissolving injection, which is made up of phosphatidylcholine (PC), which is derived from soybean. Both these fat-dissolving injections are completely safe to use.
Side Effects Rarely Occur
The side effects of fat-dissolving injections are very rare. It is normal to experience slight bruising, pain, itching, redness, and sensitivity on the injection site. These effects usually get resolved within a couple of days post-treatment. The risks can be greatly minimized by choosing a credible injector and by following all the pre and post-care measures.
The Pain Involved is Very Minimal
Most people assume that getting fat-dissolving injections is very painful. You might feel a slight tinge, but the pain involved in the process is very minimal. Injectors always opt for a topical numbing agent to minimize discomfort and pain. It is way less invasive and painful than surgical procedures.
One of the biggest misconceptions about fat-dissolving injections is that there is absolutely no downtime involved. It isn’t the case. As per experts, it is good to take three to five days post-treatment a bit easy. Stay clear of strenuous workouts, rest as much as possible, and allow your body to benefit from the procedure truly.
Book an Appointment with Our Experts
Want to learn more about the procedure? Book an appointment with our experts and learn more about fat-dissolving injections and how they will work for you to create the desired aesthetic. For any questions, feel free to use the comments section below, and our team will reach out to you as soon as possible.