Anti Wrinkle Treatment
Our most popular treatment. We stock the two major brands of anti-wrinkle injections at That Face Place to ensure our clients will always have freedom of choice.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Tiny amounts of a muscle relaxing agent are injected into facial muscles in order to reduce the appearance of expression lines. The injections block the targeted muscle’s ability to contract, making the overlying skin less likely to crease and form wrinkles.
Treatment usually takes 10 -15 minutes and results will be apparent around 5-10 days after treatment.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Anti-wrinkle injections generally last between 3-4 months, depending on the treatment area and dosage used. Regular treatment is recommended for optimal results.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Crows feet (lines around eyes)
- Brow lift
- Masseter muscles- jawline slimming
- Bunny lines (lines on sides of nose)
- Gummy smile
- Neck lines
- Chin dimpling
- Downturned mouth corners
- Smokers lines
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
HOW MANY UNITS DO I NEED?
The number of units required will vary from person to person, and will also vary between brands of product. The dosage you will require will depend on many factors including your age, the area(s) being treated, genetics, lifestyle factors, and your desired look.
An accurate estimate cannot be provided without a personalised consultation. As a rough indication, however, please see guide below for average doses:
Frown lines: 20-30u product B, 50-70u product D
Forehead lines: 8-18u product B, 15-40u product D
Crows feet: 10- 40u total product B, 30-100u total product D
- Please avoid blood thinning medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen and fish oil for one week before treatment to minimise bruising
- Please advise us prior to your appointment if you have an autoimmune or neurological disorder
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, we will not be able to treat you with anti-wrinkle injections.
- Please attend your appointment with a clean face where possible
- Please refrain from touching your face for at least 4 hours after treatment.
- Do not lie down for 4 hours after treatment
- Avoid exercising, excessive heat (eg saunas) and any other activity that may cause heavy perspiration for at least 24 hours.
- A review appointment is advised at 2 weeks after treatment to assess your results
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?